Wow…there is so much in Proverbs to teach my kids! It’s hard to even know where to start. But I think we’ll begin with diligence. There’s a lot of our everyday life that revolves around this quality, and lately I’ve been realizing the need to focus more on it. Just one look at the cleanup job my girls do of their toy room is all it takes! Here’s the lessons I’ve gleaned on diligence:
* Working brings reward, but chasing meaningless dreams is foolish (12:11, 14)
* Suffering hunger makes one more diligent! (16:26)
* Doing a bad job is similar to someone who destroys things. (18:9)
* Doing an excellent job brings notice from others & gives you a good reputation. (22:29)
* Do your work at the right time! (10:4,5)
* When you’re diligent, you’re put in charge of stuff. When you’re lazy, you work for others.