- Review: Review Proverbs 12:22 in a new way! Sit with your children and pass a ball “Hot Potato” style. As each person receives the ball, they say one word of the verse and then pass it on.
- Consequences: It’s a law of Physics and a law of life: “Every action has a reaction” or in the case of the truth, a consequence. There is so much you could do to illustrate this truth. Here are some ideas:
* Make a domino track, setting them up in a careful line around the house. Talk about how knocking over the first domino affects every other domino in the chain. If you or your children have a tendency to be clumsy, this may not be the one you want to do though!
* Watch this amazing Rube Goldberg style Honda commercial. Almost the whole thing is live-action. It took them 600 plus tries to film it.
* Make a volcano! It’s a great cause and effect example.
- Bible: Now that you’ve talked about consequences, read the following list of Proverbs and discuss the consequence mentioned in each verse: 10:19, 12:18-19, 14:25, 15:4, 16:21, 25:15
- Pray: It’s a blessing that God disciplines us and allows consequences for our sins. Thank God for His mercy and grace to you and your children!