- Easter Egg and Scripture reference hunt
- Read together John 19:16-38
- Why did Jesus have to die? Discuss with your preschooler how we each sin. Write on paper some of sins each of you commit (lying, disobedience, anger). Write in big letters with a black marker. Put two chairs together. Have your child sit on one and tell them the other chair represents Heaven. Separate the chairs, and put the “Sin paper” on the floor in between them. Our sin separates us from God. It makes us His enemies.God is perfect and He can’t let us go to heaven because of our sins. We have a big problem. There’s nothing we can do to get rid of those sins. Try to color over them with light colored crayons. We’re stuck. But God loved us so much that He took care of our problem. When Jesus died on the cross, all of our sins were taken care of. Rip of the piece of paper and throw it in the trash. Now, we can be God’s friends and go to heaven someday. That’s why Jesus died. Because God loves you so much.
- This might be a good time to share your salvation testimony and how Jesus’ death and resurrection has changed your life.
- Finally, pray together. If your children are willing, have them tell Jesus thank you for His love.